Y. W. Chin
Youngwook Chin, began his career with the Ministry of Finance and Economy of the Republic of Korea in 1975 where he spent 25 years in undertaking the Ministry’s international finance activities especially on the investment front. Upon Mr. Chin’s departure from the Ministry in 1999, he joined Hanwha Investment & Securities and eventually Hanwha General Insurance as Vice Chairman & CEO. In 2008, Mr. Chin joined Korea Investment Corporation (KIC) as CEO until he was appointed as CEO of Korea Finance Corporation (KoFC) in 2011, a government investment arm to support Korea’s small to medium business sector after Korea Development Bank began its privatization. As Co-Founder of WWG, he is currently serving as Chairman of the Board of Directors.
Mr. Chin earned a B.A. in Economics from Seoul National University and received a M.B.A. degree from the University of Texas at Austin.
- Advisor, KKR & Co. L.P.
- CEO, Korea Finance Corporation
- CEO, Korea Investment Corporation
- Vice Chairman & CEO, Hanwha General Insurance
- CEO, Hanwha Investment & Securities
- Director, Ministry of Finance and Economy
- Economist, IMF
- University of Texas at Austin, M.B.A.
- Seoul National University, B.A.